Friday, March 19, 2010

Sláinte! A St. Patrick's Day Reunion












I (Mike) got my green on this year, much more than usual, as an old friend from my junior high days turned up in Minneapolis from his home in Manchester, England.  Jim Boran, second from left in the above photo (which I've named "Five Guys Sharing A [Flat] Beer!"), and I had re-connected several months ago when he popped up on FaceBook.  I'd had no contact with him since high school, and it turns out he's been living in England for more than 20 years, working as a prof at the University of Manchester.  He speaks with no discernible British accent. 

Jim and I hung out quite a bit back then.  One odd thing:  At that time (when no one had even imagined a cell phone, let alone owned one), my family's phone number was 929-2582.  Jim's family's was 929-2583.  What were the odds?

Anyway, we had great fun (and a great many pints of Guinness) at various bars in downtown Minneapolis. 

Others in the photo:  Jeff Krueger on the far left, Tom Rivall on the far right, and Paul Strickland next to Tom.  Great guys -- all!

No comments:

Post a Comment