Monday, August 23, 2010

Okay, I did it!

As many of you know, I (Mike) have been working for some time to create the perfect loaf of bread.  I've developed one intended specifically for toasting. My angle is that my version is much more healthful than the conventional English muffin or English muffin toasting loaf. 

You may also know that my plan was to enter the competition at the Minnesota State Fair.  Well, I did it!  I should know on Thursday, August 26, how I did, and I'll let you know.  I'll also publish the recipe; however, I do everything by metric weight, so the info may frustrate you.

My entry was due at the Fairgrounds by 11:00 last Sunday morning, so I got up at 4:00 and began work.  I made three loaves. As you'll see below, I wound up going with the grains-on-top version.

Here's a throw-away shot of me holding the chosen loaf.


















Here we are at the Fairgrounds.  These folks are queued up to submit their entries in various categories.  I read they receive more than 2,800 baked-goods entries every year. 

















Another throw-away shot of me standing in line.


Here I am chatting up one of the judges.  We'll see if it helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment